Conscious Counselling and Wellness Welcomes You
Awaken your inner strength
Here you will find a multidisciplinary team of clinical and holistic therapists who are passionate and dedicated to helping you address your challenges - mind, body, and spirit.
We believe that everyone has the tools within themselves to achieve a fruitful, meaningful, and fulfilling life. Sometimes life causes us to get lost, and collaboration with a helping professional can help guide you in the right direction.
Our team is here to help you awaken your inner strength!
Mission, Values, and Approach
Our mission is to be a compassionate, client-centered space that delivers top-quality, trauma-informed counselling and wellness services to the Greater Fredericton area, and virtually all of New Brunswick and Ontario.
At Conscious Counselling and Wellness we value the inherent dignity and worth of all people and the diverse and unique experiences of every single one of our clients. We understand that many factors intersect to create the challenges our clients present to us. We honour the unique journey and voice of our clients in every way possible.
We value professionalism in all avenues of our practice from client interactions to investing in continuing education in order to make sure our services are always up to date.
We value social justice and the equitable treatment of all individuals of all backgrounds. As counselling and health professionals we take our role as client advocates very seriously. We contribute to various charitable campaigns and events in our community and frequently advocate within the social and healthcare fields based on our client's needs.
We value compassion and collaboration. We believe it is important to create a strong, collaborative therapeutic relationship between client and therapist in order to best ensure success in counselling.
Client-Centered and Trauma-Informed
Our approach to counselling is compassionate, trauma-informed, and biopsychosocial/wholelistic. We see each client as a unique individual with unique needs based on a variety of contributing factors to whatever situation they are in.
We use elements of several therapeutic modalities such as CBT, DBT, MBCT, ACT, psychodynamic therapy, polyvagal theory, etc. The therapeutic modality used depends entirely on the needs and goals of the client and preferences of the individual therapist assigned. See more under "meet the team!"
We believe that the client is the expert on their own life, but that it is the counsellor’s job to bring certain insights to light, or to guide clients into healthier practices and decisions.
We use an approach that recognizes how our biology, psychology, and social wellbeing are interconnected. We believe in order to lead a meaningful and fulfilling life, one must work toward discovering a balance of wellness in the following realms: occupational, physical, social, intellectual, spiritual, and emotional.
A Note on Mindfulness, and Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC)
We utilize mindfulness tools in order to allow clients to development the skills to observe and regulate their own thought patterns, bodily sensations, and impulses without judgment. Paired with the active practice of self-compassion, clients develop an awareness of the universality of their challenges and can work toward solutions filled with self-acceptance.
"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty."
- Multiple DatesSun, Nov 28Conscious Counselling and WellnessNov 28, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.Conscious Counselling and Wellness, 151B Brunswick St, Fredericton, NB E3B 1G7, CanadaIrene is back at Conscious Counselling and Wellness with a brand new class called Conscious Wind Down! This class is yin-inspired and trauma-informed. Let Irene help you conclude your week with some relaxation and mind-body connection.
- Multiple DatesWed, Nov 24Conscious Counselling and WellnessNov 24, 2021, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.Conscious Counselling and Wellness, 151B Brunswick St, Fredericton, NB E3B 1G7, CanadaThis is a four-week face-to-face workshop to be hosted at the Conscious Counselling and Wellness studio location. This workshop is hosted by Counselling Therapist, Laura Gallivan and will teach participants how to befriend their own mind and body through the science of self-compassion
- Thu, Nov 11Conscious Counselling and WellnessNov 11, 2021, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.Conscious Counselling and Wellness, 151 Brunswick St, Fredericton, NB E3B 1G7, CanadaThis event is for survivors in need of self-expression and healing. Everyone welcome. We will be doing a bit of psycho-education on the traumatic-stress reaction in the mind and body, followed by some time for prompted creative expression, and finally a small show case for those interested in perf
- Thu, Oct 28FrederictonOct 28, 2021, 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.Fredericton, 151 Brunswick St, Fredericton, NB E3B 1G7, CanadaAdd some complementary wellness to your lunch hour every Monday for the month of October with Registered Social Worker and Certified Reiki Practittioner, Anna Larmer. Anna will be offering a variety of wellness activities to help folks ground and relax ranging from meditation to light movement, etc
- Sat, Apr 17FrederictonApr 17, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.Fredericton, 151 Brunswick St, Fredericton, NB E3B 1G7, CanadaCCW is pleased to offer a trauma-sensitive yoga class to our community in Fredericton! This class takes special care to acknowledge the ways trauma can be stored in the body as well as activated and healed through the power of movement.
- Wed, Apr 07FrederictonApr 07, 2021, 7:00 p.m. ADT – Apr 28, 2021, 8:20 p.m. ADTFredericton, 151B Brunswick St, Fredericton, NB E3B 1G7, CanadaThis is a four-week face-to-face workshop to be hosted at the Conscious Counselling and Wellness studio location. This workshop will teach participants to connect with their mind and body in a self-compassionate way. It is open to womxn ready to lean into a meaningful relationship with the self.
Write us here with any questions, comments, or booking inquiries for counselling therapy, occupational therapy, reiki, trauma-sensitive yoga, or would like to rent our studio space for a group or event of your own.